Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I got hit by a car!

Are you serious..? You wanna talk about a bad day?

Thursday, February 18th, 7:00 pm:
I head to L & S Business Solutions. Sheri's in town from California and she wants to help me out with my current horrific financial situation. She tells me about a program she has called Savvy. In the program she would set it up so that I'd be on a budget to get me out of my financial problems. Here's the issue. Even if she puts me a program I'll still be in the double negative. WTF! Now that I know this for sure (100%) I'm actually relieved! Either way I'm poor, there's no way to recover on my current salary and there's nothing I can do about it. Let the good times roll!

Thursday, February 18th, 10:30 pm:
After the news of my inevitable poverty I decided to head out and celebrate. My friend Tyrone had put together an open mic for local artist and I wanted to get out the house. (I'd been snowed in for about 2.5 weeks prior to this.) This was the tame part of the night. I had a good time even if most of acts sucked. The future of hip-hop looked pretty bleak!

Friday, February 19th, 2:30 am:
Talk about out too late! After the open mic, a jumbo slice and some music listening I decided to head home. I was a little more exhausted than I realized. When I started to fall asleep at the wheel I took a little cat nap to wake myself up. I did this twice. The second time I took a nap I heard a knock on my door and got a rude awakening. Two white police officers were staring at me with their flash lights. They accuse me of being drunk (Ironically, I was stone-cold sober and didn't have a drink all night.) and make me take a 20 minute sobriety test. After failing to catch me doing anything but being a little sleepy they let me go and sent me on my marry way.

Friday, February 19th, 4:00 am:
Now here's the fun part! After a long drive home I get off the parkway on to a ramp for my exit. On the ramp is a car that was stuck in the snow. Even though it was late I felt bad for the guy and tried to help him get out. We tried for about 20 minutes. I got in the driver's seat of his car and hit the accelerator while he pushed from behind. Just as we started a car hit us going too fast up the ramp and slid in to black ice! I was hit by a car while in his car. I crawled out the passenger side, gave my contact info to the person I was helping and decided to go home! I'd had it! It was now 4:30 in the morning.

Friday, February 19th, 9:00 am:
After a crappy 4 hour sleep I called my office to tell them I was coming in late. As I head out the house and close the door, I suddenly realized I had locked myself out of the house and my car. I grabbed the wrong keys. Talk about rough. You wanna talk about a bad day?

No comments:

Post a Comment